Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gerald Tovar Blog #8

Final Blog #8Reflect on what this project and experience has given you in your life and art. Choose three or more of the following to discuss in your blog: how it has effected you personally, how it has increased your understanding and awareness of the community, how it has made you more sensitive to the needs of the community you are serving, how it has increased your leadership or collaborative skills, how it has effected the way you understand art and video production in relation to others, how it has increased you professional skills

In the time that we filmed this project it was a fun experience being able to interact with the different students and being able to watch them learn and grow as adults in the community. Personally it bettered my understanding of the development of people with with special needs and really opened my eyes to their hard work in becoming more independent people. Watching the community interact with these individuals though their work experience and their ability to travel all over through the transit systems and learn new day to day activities, I have become more understanding of their development and how they leaner, which is a very fun experience for them from what I could see. It has increased my leadership skills by being open to group work and really showing that i am a responsible leader in being apart of a film crew.  I have learned many things in the time that I have been with my group and it has begun my process of learning with production. The experience overall has been amazing and this being my first productions class has really showed me some of the things that I will be using in my future years at San Marcos, and I am very excited that I was able to start my career path here. The experience working with our community group allowed me to understand the challenges from each persons roll in my group and I am very excited to learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment