Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ali Terwilliger Blog #8

Final Blog #8Reflect on what this project and experience has given you in your life and art. Choose three or more of the following to discuss in your blog: how it has effected you personally, how it has increased your understanding and awareness of the community, how it has made you more sensitive to the needs of the community you are serving, how it has increased your leadership or collaborative skills, how it has effected the way you understand art and video production in relation to others, how it has increased you professional skills.

This project has been a great experience. I have enjoyed collaborating with my group members as well as the members of NCCSE to provide them with this video. I was excited to work with these kids and had so much fun in the process. There was one deaf student at the ATP center who was interested in photography and video production and I enjoyed communicating with him about his interest. He was always excited when we came to film and wanted to watch us set up and break down. I remember the first meeting we had with the NCCSE members; they expressed how desperate they were to have a video that represented their company. I feel that what we have accomplished for them has exceeded their standards and they have expressed their gratitude many times. I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to work with community members. I feel that through this project I learned how to be more professional and work with a client to complete a job the way they want it. This process has helped me grow personally and the skills I have acquired will help me in the future. Working with the group was also awesome. We all had unique qualities and worked together well. I learned from members of the group and believe that other member have also learned from me. I feel that one thing that helped our production process run smoothly was our constant communication. All group members were active in email communication to express concerns, set up shoot dates, or just shoot info back and forth. I really enjoyed working with my group and this class was an amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment