Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daniel Gamboa Blog #8


Final Blog #8Reflect on what this project and experience has given you in your life and art. Choose three or more of the following to discuss in your blog: how it has effected you personally, how it has increased your understanding and awareness of the community, how it has made you more sensitive to the needs of the community you are serving, how it has increased your leadership or collaborative skills, how it has effected the way you understand art and video production in relation to others, how it has increased you professional skills.

Working with this project overall was a great experience for me. As an individual I have not had as much experience with production itself. Being the production manager was also a different experience then the previous management experience that I have, but still a good one. One of the biggest lessons was that of what I learned through the program and its involvement in the community. My previous experience with community programs was only with recreational programs. The ATP program was a very different program within the community that served a great purpose and made me aware of how these programs function. Their involvement in the community is almost ignored by most and the jobs the students in the program are involved in serve an important purpose.

At the beginning of the project I felt I had adequate management skills, however this project definitely added to my knowledge on how to manage a bigger group of people. Along with the team members managing the time and equipment was also a task that I had some trouble with, but was able to fix early on. I also felt that it taught me that collaborating with a big group can be a good thing as long as you have a hard working team, which allowed us to have smooth progress throughout the project.

Personally the project has taught me a lot about what my interests are within this type of industry. Project manager was a position I had some familiarity with, but it was the actual post production that affected me personally. I knew that my role in editing the video was limited due to time constraints, but the personal experience was a spark to become more knowledgable with the post production side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment